Blog Sponsor

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Investment Portfolio Review

My investment result is stumbled in year 2013.

KLSE went up 10.5% for the entire year 2013, and a lot of the counters have grew a lot more than that. However, I only managed to get 3% net return of my total stock investment in overall, including dividends.

From the look at it, fixed deposit and mutual fund return is a lot better than my investment portfolio for 2013. What a shame!

I did a review this morning and I concluded that not because I did not pay sufficient attention to the market, it's because I did not do sufficient homework.



Just to review and share what I did for 2013, as below:

  1. Hold too many lots of REITs and they have corrected at least 10% - 30% and I did not release them but even increase the lots this year.
  2. Heavily invested into BJTOTO and JTIASA since November and these 2 counters are drop at least 10% - 15% over the past 1-3 months. I did some dollar cost averaging but my buying price is still high compare to the current price. Thus, I make some paper loss from my buying price.
  3. Invested the correct counters, i.e. PLENITU, INARI, PCHEM, but I released too early. 
They look okay actually. Just that I feel that I did not do sufficient homework. Otherwise, I'm confident that I can exceed the last year net return of 33.5%. 

Anyway, no point to regret or complain for now. Let's move forward and look into 2014 how can I get a better return. The index is at history high of 1,867, so we really have to be extra careful for making further decision and building portfolio. I would insist to focus on undervalue and great potential counters only, with more homeworks to do.

Happy New year!



Related Articles by Categories


0 comments:

Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories