Blog Sponsor

Saturday, December 30, 2017

My 2017 KLSE Investment Review

2017 ending very soon and we are welcoming 2018 soon. How’s your investment result for 2017?

To me, local property investment is no longer a good choice at this moment. However, local stock market seems like a better choice for me this year. I don’t know much about Bitcoin or crypto currency, so I have not invested in it at all. So let’s talk about my local stock market investment 2017 outcome and review.


The 1st half of 2017 seems like a bull market where I noticed most of the daring investors are making good money. Of course, December is also a good month to get some extra income for New Year.

Overall, I’m doing fine for 2017 where I have invested about 11 companies. 7 companies making profits and 4 companies making losses.


Below are the summary of my 2017 portfolio:

Gain Portfolio 
No.
Company
Gain
Status
1
PENTA
333%
Hold
2
MLGLOBAL
56%
Hold
3
HUAAN
53%
Hold
4
COMFORT
30%
Sold
5
ECOFIRST
9%
Sold
6
IQGROUP
3%
Sold
7
CANONE
2%
Sold

Loss Portfolio
No.
Company
Loss
Status
1
NOTION
45%
Sold
2
SYSTECH
10%
Hold
3
EG
7%
Sold
4
SALCON
3%
Hold
The best company I invested this year is PENTA, which has shot up more than 330%, the best return I ever had so far. The previous case was only about 200%+ from AMEDIA few years ago. In fact, I would say its purely lucky for me to bet on PENTA, as I only know its future is brighter early this year. But I really did not know it will shot up over 300%, else I will just all in this company and have fun every day afterwards.

For NOTION, I would said its luck factor as the share price slumped due to huge fire incident. Anyway, no point to argue about it, as it has rebounded. I’ve no choice but to clear it due to the need of funds to inject into other more potential counters.
MLGLOBAL and HUUAN returns are not bad in overall, which gives me more than 50% return within 6 and 2 months respectively. The rests is history, as I’ve sold them. But if I still keep COMFORT, the return should be at least double. L

I’m still holding SYSTECH and SALCON even though they are in losing position after invested for almost 2 months, as I think they should be able to come back once they have improvement in the upcoming QRs.

In overall, my total 2017 annual return is around 29%, which is much better than last year return of 16%. In fact, you can see I’ve made 45% loss in NOTION alone. That’s a pain one, but it gave me a very good lesson. 

The Stock Pick Year 2017 Final Result has been released from i3investor. There is total of 21 contestants have more than 40% return in overall! There’s a fantastic stock picks from these brilliant people. It also proven 2017 is exactly a BULL MARKET.


Below are my lessons learned for 2017:
1. Even if you do your homework and invest properly, you still have a chance to make loss. So invest all eggs into 1 basket also has its kind of risk, i.e. NOTION in my case.
2. Don't try to act smart to sell the golden goose. As long as the fundamental has yet to change and it's not expensive, do not sell too early. i.e. COMFORT in my case.
3. Focus on industry outlook rather than purely individual company prospect. i.e. Semi-Conductor, Steel. i.e. any Semi-conductor company
4. Don't only listen to others and analysts. You have to listen to your own, do your own homework because making profit or loss is all yours, not them. 
5. Look into the importance of porfolio fund management. If one of the companies invested proportion is over the other companies, if anything happen to that company it will cause imbalance of profit & loss. i.e. NOTION in my case.
6. Try to reduce the frequency of BUY and SELL. But invest for mid to long term. 
7. Try not to look at the share price more than 1 time a day. It can leads you to emotion, regardless of making paper profit or loss.

I hope my lessons sharing will help you in your investment too.

Looking forward 2018, I hope it is a good year ahead for stock market as we foresee BN will be continued to lead the country to obtain 6.x% GDP growth, MYR strengthening against USD, and the increment of all kind of taxes. :)

Happy new year 2018 and all the best to you, folks!



Related Articles by Categories


0 comments:

Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories