Blog Sponsor

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Are You Monitor Too Frequently?

I've neglected to look at the stock market on the last entire week, as I've been busy for my cousin's wedding. I felt like a little bit strange when I came back and looked at the market and those counters in my watch list just now.

On the other hand, I felt totally relax for the past entire week by not looking at the stock market. I cannot deny that sometimes stock market did affect my emotion and give me some pressures, if I'm too close to it. It makes me tired and lost concentration to do other things.


I'm not sure about you. Last time during working hours, I cannot resist myself but to look at the online trading portal. I do nothing but just to look at the price goes up and down. It's really enjoy from the beginning. In fact, it is really a waste of my time and effort.

To look at the closing price once a day is quite reasonable, because we want to know what is happening to the company, whether it's time to buy or sell, is there any big player buying or selling it, or is there any news update about it. 


However, unless you are full time or intra-day traders, it seems it doesn't make sense for us to look or monitor the floating price within intra-day, even once. We do have more important things or jobs to do, isn't it?

As what the experts said, looking at the price too much will impact your emotion and decision, unless we are robot-minded. Even it's not, you are not going to buy or sell the share immediately when it has changes, so why look at it when it is still floating?


If we want to buy a stock, we supposed to set a target price and queue to buy. Perhaps many investors worry that the price may dips below their target price and they would like to buy lower if possible, they willing to waste their time to monitor it. However, how many times we manage to buy at the right time within the intra-day? This is the same thing as selling our share.

Last time, we used to have broker to do the job for us. In the advent of online trading portal with lower brokerage fee, it encourages more transactions from retail investors and benefits the broker firms. This is very true, at least to me. 



Related Articles by Categories


2 comments:

  • klse888 said...
     

    I used to monitor a lot during my starting years with KLSE, but lately, I had shut off myself most of the time from it.

    I agree that it's a waste of time staring at the screen. For fun, yes.. it's exciting to see the prices up and down. But staring at it is not productive at all.. :D

  • eKimkee said...
     

    Haha, yes, I agreed with you. Staring at it has some fun but no productivity at all.

    Anyway, it's good to hear that we found our lesson. ;)

Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories