Blog Sponsor

Monday, March 14, 2011

What A Bad Luck Day!

We are feeling upset over the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Besides fatality, this natural disaster has slashed Japanese a huge sum of money. We may want to pray for them and help them. 

Today, it seems that I'm no longer better than what I am. I hit food poison since last Sunday morning and I'm having diarrhea over the past few days. I'm hydrated and I've yet to recover completely until now.


This afternoon, when I walk from the site back to my site office, a bird flied over and it dropped a pile of bird shit on top of my head. Yes, it just dropped right on top of my head. I straight away felt something is not right.


Later around 5pm, my Forex agent SMS and informed me that my FOREX investment capital has totally gone an hour ago and I need to top up some money immediately. It has been wiped out totally because the fund manager was so 'smart' that he bought USD and sell YEN right after the earthquake news on last Friday. He leveraged 100 times and ordered 3 continues trades that hasten the negativity of the equity.


I was cool when I received the SMS. In fact, this is not the first time I encountered under Forex investment. It already happened to me once in year 2008. Perhaps it is pretty common because FOREX is a very high risk investment vehicle if using leveraging inappropriately. 

We all know that FOREX return is pretty amazing and fascinating. Just to share with you how good it is. My friend can get 100% return in just 5 months, and I also can get 20% return in just 1 month. When my friend and I made some money, we decided to withdraw our capital from the account and let the profit continues to run. Because of the policy set by fund manager, we only can withdraw the money early next month.

I've invested a few months of my income into it. Perhaps my case is nothing when compare to others. Their total loss can range from a Honda Civic up to a few shop-lots in downtown. It's even not worth to mention at all compare to the victims in Japan.


To be frank, I blame no one in this case. I totally understand my risk before I invest. I want fast return and I willing to invest portion of my capital in exchange of fast return. If something goes sour, that's the capital I'm going to lose. 

Another thing that make me even more confident is that, the fund manager has proven straight win record and bring wealth to a lot of people over the past few years. He has high reputation in Malaysia and around the world. But I'm not sure why he fails in this earthquake trade.

In the end of the day, I still think that stock market is still the best investment vehicle for me. At least I know what I'm doing and I'm in control of my trade. 

What do you think?



Related Articles by Categories


2 comments:

  • klse888 said...
     

    Agree with you that we have no one to blame as it is our decision to make the investment, and not others.

    There's always up and down in investment. We just need to make sure the frequency of our winning is higher than losing.

  • eKimkee said...
     

    You are right, klse888.

    Anyway, it's my mistake this time. I believe I'll do better next time.

    Thanks for your courage.

Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories